Paper Submission: 25 July 2021
Author Notification: 7 to 10 days
Journal Publication: July 2021
Parimita , Karunakar Singh, K. C. Yadav, PuneetArora
Effect of hot water blanching on vital parameters of Allahabad safeda guava was studied at the temperature 800 C for 0 minutes, 4minutes, 8 minutes, 12 minutes and 16 minutes. Physico-chemical properties (moisture, total solids (T.S.), total soluble solids (T.S.S.), acidity, vitamin C (ascorbic acid), reducing sugar and total phenol content (T.P.C.) and peroxidase enzyme inactivation and changes in colour were studied. In physico-chemical properties percent acidity, ascorbic acid, reducing sugar were decreasedsignificantly (at 5% level of significance) and moisture content, T.S., T.S.S., T.P.C were increasedsignificantly (at 5% level of significance) in comparison with the raw guava sample i.e. control sample. Peroxidase inactivation followed a first order Arrhenius model, whererate of the reaction at 800 C was 0.26 x 10-3 s -1 . Good agreement was found between estimated and experimental data (R2 = 0.807). Colour was quantified using the L, a, b in X-rite color lab system and based on these readings, Total colour difference (TCD) was calculated.
1. Samiksha S.,2015, Guava Cultivation in India – Production Area, Climate, Harvesting andFruitHandling.,YourArticleLibrary.com,(http://www.yourarticlelibrary.com/fruits/guava-cultivation-inindia-production-area-climate-harvesting-and-fruithandling/24687/)
2. Rosiane Lopes da Cunha, M´ýriamDupasHubinger, Ana Carla Kawazoe Sato and Glaucia Santos Vieira. 2012Guava., Tropical and Subtropical Fruit Processing and Packaging, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.First Edition 203-222 ISBN: 978-0-8138-1142-0
3. GanjlooA, R.A. Rahman. Bakar, A. Osman and M. Bimakr2009.Modelling The Kinetics Of Peroxidase Inactivation And Colour Changes Of Seedless Guava (PsidiumGuajavaL.) During Thermal Treatments: World Applied Sciences Journal 7 (1): 105-112, ISSN 1818-4952
4. Ranganna S.Handbook of Analysis and Quality Control for Fruit and Vegetable ProductsMcGraw-Hill Inc; 2nd edition 1987 ISBN10: 0074518518.ISBN-13: 978-0074518519(1152 pages)
5. Singleton, V. L. Rossi, J.A. (1965) Colorimetry of total phenolics with phosphomolybdicphosphotungsticacid reagents. American Journal of Enology andViticulture, 16, 144-158.
6. Anthon, G.E. and D.M. Barrett, 2002. Kinetic parameters for the thermal inactivation of qualityrelated enzymes in carrots and potatoes. J. Agric. Food Chem., 50(14): 4119-4125.
7. Arabshahi, A. and D. Lund, 1985.Considerations in calculating kinetic parameters from experimental data. J. Food Proc. Eng., 7: 239-251.
8. Tunde-Akintunde TY1, BO Akintunde, A Fagbeja.2011.Effect Of Blanching Methods On Drying Kinetics Of Bell Pepper .African journal of food, agriculture, nutrition and development. Vol 11, no. 7.ASSCAT,ISSN 1684 5374
9. Muhammad Aamir, MahmoudrezaOvissipour, Shyam S. Sablani, and Barbara Rasco. 2013.Predicting the Quality of Pasteurized Vegetables Using Kinetic Models: A Review.International Journal of Food Sci.; 271271. doi: 10.1155/2013/271271
10. Choi, M. H. Kim and H. S. Lee, 2002.effects of ascorbic acid retention on juice colour and pigment stability in blood orange (citrussinesis) juice during refrigerated storage. Food Research International, 35; 753-759.
11. Purvis AC (1983). Effect of film thickness and storage temperature on water loss and internal quality of sealed packed grape fruit. Journal of the American Society forHorticultural Science, 108: 562-566.
12. Echeveirra E, Jacoqueline KB and Wicker L (1988). Effect of cell wall hydrolysis on Brix in citrus fruits. Proceeding ofFlorida State Horticultural Society, 101: 150-154.
13. Abdurrab, Muhammad Sajid, Saeeda and Najia 2011.Effects of wet heat treatment (wht) durations on the quality of sweet orange stored at room temperature Department of Horticulture, Khyber PakhtunKhwa Agricultural University, Peshawar – Pakistan. Sarhad J. Agric, Vol.27, No.2,
14. Sheryl A. Barringer 2004 production, freezing and storage of tomato sauces &slices.Handbook of frozen food. Marcel dekker. Inc..pg 427. ISBN: 0-8247-4712-7
15. ShaopingNie, , Jungen Huang, Jielun H, Yanan Zhang, Sunan Wang, ChangLi, Massimo Marcone, MingyongXie , 2013. Effect of pH, temperature and heating time on the formation of furan in sugar–glycine model systems.Food Science and Human WellnessVolume 2, Issue 2, Pages 87–92
16. Gonçalves, E. M., et al. Carrot (Daucuscarota L) peroxidase inactivation, phenolic content and physical changes kinetics due to blanching, J. Food Eng., 97(4), 574-581, 2010.
17. Morales-Blancas, E.F., V.E. Chandia and L. Cisneros-Zeballos, 2002.Thermal inactivation kinetics of peroxidase and lipoxygenase from Broccoli, Green Asparagus and Carrots. J. Food Sci., 67(1): 146-154.
18. Ganthavorn, C., C.W. Nagel and J.R. Powers, 1991. Thermal inactivation of asparagus lipoxigenase and peroxidase. J. Food Sci., 56(1): 47-49.
19. Soysal, C. and Z. Soylemez, 2005. Kinetics and inactivation of carrot peroxidase by heat treatment. J. Food Eng., 68: 349-356.
20. Gupta S., Lakshimi J.A., Prakash J., 2008. Effect of different blanching treatments on ascorbic acid retention in green leafy vegetables. Nat. Prod. Radiance, 7, 111–116.
21. Delcio Sandi; José BenícioPaes Chaves; Antônio Carlos Gomes de Sousa; June Ferreira Maia Parreiras; Marco Túlio Coelho da Silva; PatríciaBeltrãoLessaConstant. 2004 Hunter color dimensions, sugar content and volatile compounds in pasteurized yellow passion fruitjuice (Passifloraedulis var. flavicarpa) during storage. Brazilian Archives of Biology and Technology vol.47 no.2 pages 233-245 ISSN 1678-4324
22. Matsuura, F.C.A. U. (1994), process amentoecaracterizacao de suco integral eco concentradodeacerola. Magister scientae thesis, UNICAMP, Campinas, Brasil.
23. Chen, B.H.; Peng, H. Y. and Chen H. E. (1995) changes of caretenoids, color, and vitamin A content during processing of carrot juice. Journal of agricultural and food chemistry, 43, 1912-1918
24. VT Karathanos and V G Belessiotis 1999. Application of a thin-layer equation to drying data of fresh and semi-dried fruits. Journal of agricultural engineering research 74 (4), 355-361.
WSFDT SHIATS HBTI Allahabad, UP
No. of Downloads: 1 | No. of Views: 113